Published 19 January 2011
The Trafford Centre Wedding Fair 2011
The Trafford Centre Wedding Fair
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th February
Exhibition Marquee opens 11am until 5pm
COUPLES across the region will be given a helping hand to plan their 2011 nuptials - with the opening of the spectacular Trafford Centre Wedding Fair.
The February event takes place on Regent 13 car park near Debenhams, and offers free parking and free entrance to some spectacular wedding fashion shows.
Gordon McKinnon, director of operations at the Centre, said: “We’re laying on a host of experts to give couples advice and inspiration for their big day. From bridal wear to beauty, car hire to catering, we’ve thought of everything.
“The Orient Main Stage will be transformed throughout the weekend into a fabulous bridal setting, showcasing trends in bridal gowns, men’s formal wear, bridesmaid outfits, page boy suits and Mother of the Bride ensembles.
“Brides and grooms-to-be can visit the fantastic exhibition marquee near Debenhams, where a variety of experts will reveal the very best in wedding style, both modern and traditional.
“With the average spend on a wedding now more than £20,000, we know that couples have a great deal to think about before they wed - often with more choice than they know what to do with, from a range of retailers both small and large.
“But if you’re in any doubt about what to spend and how, our Wedding Fair is there to put you on track.”
Organisers say romance will be in the air thanks to live musical performances, and there’s plenty of opportunity to get ahead in the matrimony stakes by entering a host of prize-giveaways.
Highlights of this year’s displays will include ice sculpture, a giant chocolate fountain, stunning wedding cars – and plenty of ideas for venues, photography and stationery too.
Meanwhile, big-name contributors will include John Lewis, Debenhams, Moss Bros, Thomson Holidays, British Home Stores, Ernest Jones, Coast and Burtons.
Notes to Editors:
• The Trafford Centre Wedding Fair is an annual event that has grown year on year to become one of the leading wedding and civil partnership events in the Northwest.
• Thousands of couples enter each year for the competition prizes, which this year are being spread amongst a variety of winners, rather than just one as in previous years – so couples have more chance to win.
• For more details of the Wedding Fair, please visit: www.traffordcentre.co.uk/whatson/weddingfair11
• For further media information or media access to the Fair, please contact The Trafford Centre Press Office on: firstname.lastname@example.org
* CLICK HERE to download a flyer for this event.