The “power three” products introduced to me at the recent Clarins Beauty Party at Selfridges, The Trafford Centre, consist of Extra Firming Advanced Eye Contour Serum (£36), the Advanced Extra Firming Neck Cream (£42) and the Double Serum Generation 6 hand cream (£56).
The eye serum tackles dark circles, breaking down and eating away any toxins and after applying it will give an effect of an eyelift.
See my hints and tips section below on how to apply this cream properly!
Second we have the neck cream; this lifts and tightens the skin and defines the jawline (or gives you a ‘chisled’ jaw as Sophie said, which we all found funny.)
And lastly is Generation 6 hand serum which contains a massive 52 different plant extracts and once applied you’ll notice an instant difference, just as I did.
Hints and tips…
I have a terrible skincare routine! Due to oversleeping and the like I always run out of time when it comes to cleansing, moisturising or exfoliating so I learnt so much from my recent Clarins Beauty Party at Selfridges, The Trafford Centre.
Sophie’s great hint and tips included:
1. Firstly, and most important, use a brush or cotton buds to apply make-up etc, as fingers can be oily or dirty.
2. When applying eye cream/serum, dab on the bone around your eye and move from the centre – outwards.
3. Make-up wipes are a big NONO! Manmade fibres make up the composition of a make-up wipe and can cause irritation to the skin and as if that wasn’t bad enough, rather than removing the make-up they tend to just move the make-up around the face.
4. When applying bronzer, first apply in a 3 and then an E so it highlights the forehead, the cheekbones and the jaw line.
5. When applying highlighter, apply in a V shape from the eye to the cheekbone. This gives the face a lift and highlights the cheekbones.
We were told what to do and what not to do, what to use and when to do it. It was exactly what I needed and it was such a fun night! The Clarins staff are all lovely and you ever get a chance to attend a party like this, I totally recommend it.
As, for me; a novice in beauty, it was positively eye opening!
Hi, my name is Hannah! I’m 21 and a fashion marketing student at Manchester Metropolitan University. I’m not a huge know-it-all on fashion, but I love it! I’m a bit set in ways and have my three favourite shops which I stick to, but I love finding those little gems in shops I wouldn’t ordinarily shop in. My fashion icons are Alexa Chung, Olivia Palermo and Whitney Port, if those three could merge it’d be perfect! Though that could be a bit of a fashion disaster…
I’m here as the shoppers voice. Have a read of my posts, I hope you enjoy!