Who are we?
www.intutraffordcentre.co.uk is the web site for The Trafford Centre Ltd. We encourage the interactive nature of online media, but also try to educate customers about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when travelling on the web. Our information collection practices are described below
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you on the website
- What company is collecting this information
- How the information is collected
- How this information will be used
- What communication you can expect from us
- With whom the information may be shared
- The security procedures in place to protect the information collected
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
1. What personal information do we collect?
We will collect the following information about you when you complete our registration form:
- your name
- your email address
- postal address
- your telephone number
- your mobile phone number and network type.
- your acceptance of our Terms & Conditions
It is necessary for you to provide this information if you wish to become a member on the website.
In addition there will be an option for you to provide further data relating to your specific interests.
2. What company is collecting this information?
Intu Trafford Centre collects and uses your personal information. Intu Trafford Centre is a trading name for The Trafford Centre Limited which is a registered company established in England and Wales with company number 3080975.The registered office for The Trafford Centre Limited is 40 Broadway, London SW1H 0BU, UK. We have notified the Office of the Information Commissioner of our data processing activities and our registered number is Z5949029.
3. How the information is collected
Your personal data will be collected via a registration area
Cookies and Log Data
Cookies are information files which your web browser places on your computer when you visit a site. The Trafford Centre Ltd is able to access only the cookies that it sets on your computer and we are only able to determine the type of computer operating system and browser that you and other visitors are using. The Trafford Centre Ltd collects this non-personally identifiable information in order to improve access to the web site content, based on our visitors browsers and operating system types to make our content available to as many customers as possible. You can, of course, disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in the preferences options menus in your browser.
Log data collected on web servers within The Trafford Centre Ltd’s control also supplies The Trafford Centre Ltd with non-personally identifiable information about the number of visits to different pages on the site. We use this information only for improving our site.
4. How this information will be used?
We respect your privacy and will only use your information:
- to log various usage and statistical information about your use of our facilities
- to administer the website and gather broad demographic information about users of the site
- to send you newsletters
- for marketing purposes – providing you with details of special offers, promotions, new services and general information
- to advise you of changes to our website
- to improve our website, and to customise our website for you based on your demographics
Our site provides an opt-in and opt-out facility so that you only receive information if you choose to. At any time you can access your profile and change your marketing status indicating whether you want to opt-in or opt-out for marketing information. If you choose opt-in status, whenever we send you information, we will always give you the opportunity to request your details to be removed from our marketing list.
5. What communications can you expect from us?
We may need to contact you by email, telephone, letter or SMS for the following purposes:
to obtain any additional information necessary for marketing purposes
6. Who will we share your information with?
We may disclose your Information to:
- our regulators, lawyers and auditors, funders and successors in title.
- persons where required by law under a court order or subpoena or to any law enforcement agency in connection with the commission of any offence.
- any third party service providers or agents acting on our behalf.
- to provide statistical information as to the use of our website
- Third party organisations whose goods or services you may be interested in.
If you do not consent to supplying your details to such third parties, please contact us (click here) stating that you wish to opt out for the use of this data.
- your browser type (e.g. Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer)
- your operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Macintosh)
- your IP address (a unique identifier for each connection to the internet)
- your domain name (e.g. freenet.co.uk, demon.co.uk)
This information is automatically collected and does not require your input – the information is used to improve our facilities and to provide you with an optimum website.
We understand the concerns you have about giving your personal details over the Internet so we are rigorous about our security procedures. The following procedures are in place to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or theft of your information:
- we use secure sockets layer (SSL) technology with 128 bit encryption
- we use secure keys to encrypt your information while it is on the internet (where this security is supported by your browser)
- our server uses state of the art encryption to store your information
8. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
Your Information will be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which it was collected continues unless you choose to be removed from our database and this option will be available. By law, you are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold on you. You may change or modify your personal information at any time.
You may choose not to receive any communications from us and /or third parties. We maintain an opt-out option on our website that you may choose to select at any time.
Changes / Modification
You may change or modify your personal information at any time. You may make a request to us to change or modify your information at any time.
If we change this policy, we will post the new policy on our home page. If the change means that we will use your information differently, we will notify you. You may accept the change of use, or if you do not, we will continue to use your information in accordance with the policy under which it was collected.
Our Pledge to You
Caroline Aikman, Marketing & PR Manager, intu Trafford Centre Ltd, Manchester M17 8AA